The School of Branding and Advertising library aims to serve the needs of faculty, research scholars, students and other members by providing an excellent collection of resources and services. Library is truly a learning resource centre which provide latest literature and other learning aids and information on all topics, as required by students, faculty and research scholars of the institute. It will have high degree of computerization for better service and faster transaction. Well-qualified and professional library staff manage the library.
The well-furnished and air conditioned School of Branding and Advertising library is located on the 2nd floor of Mithibai college building and spread over 7000 sq., with a seating capacity for over 300 students. The Library is divided into three sections: The Reading Hall, the Staff Area and the faculty area.
The School of Branding and Advertising library is automated with Koha open source software.
- Weekdays (Monday to Saturday) – 8 a.m. To 8 p.m.
- Sundays – closed
- Reading Hall – 8.30a.m. To 8 p.m.
- Books - 60,000 +
- Periodicals - 119
- Audio/ Video material - 1673
- Databases - 33
- Dr Shivanand Sadlapur - Librarian - - Overall library administration
- Sangeeta Kamble - Assistant Librarian - Books Procurement and library administration
- Ramkrishna Desai - Library Assistant - Processing of Books, Journals and Circulation of library material
- D Chavan - Library Attendant
- Abhishek Jadhav - Library Attendant
- Vicky Jadhav Library Attendant
MEMBERSHIP OF LIBRARY AND ISSUE OF LIBRARY CARDS
- All students become members of the library on enrolment in a course. They have to submit their photograph in the computer centre and get their identity Card.
- Student can issue books or any reference material on their Identity card.
- On appointment as full time faculty and staff, he/she become a member of library. For issuing library material, they need to show their identity card. Library staff will fill their details and they can issue library material on their employee no.
- Visiting faculty will be issued Identity card from library on application in the prescribed form and on receipt of copy of their appointment letter. The card will remain in force until the period of his/ her teaching.
PROCEDURE FOR CIRCULATION OF BOOKS ON LOAN:
Students can issue 2 books for 10 days.
Full time faculty can issue 20 for one month.
Visiting faculty can issue 1 book for 15 days.
Administrative staff can issue 1 book for 10 days.
Periodicals, cassettes and cds, DVDs, question papers, reference material is strictly to be viewed in the institute only.
Other users may be borrow books on Inter library loan basis. As a special case, the reader may be admitted for a day or two. The user must get a request letter from the institution / organization where he belongs to signed by the institution head. A visitor card is to be filled in by him and signed by the librarian/ Asst. Librarian. The visitor is not allowed to carry any library material; however, he can photocopy whatever any intellectual Property or copyright law permits.
Fines are charged on overdue items. Students are notified of overdue items by email to their NMIMS account. Fine of R.S 3 /- per day per book.
Fine of R.S 25/- per day and suspension of library membership for one week for reference book, cd, DVD, periodical and any other reference Material.
Loss/ damage of material.
Loss of library material must be brought to the notice of librarian. Report to the library immediately in the prescribed form. The member must arrange to replace the lost material with the latest edition available: else, he/she must pay the market price for the same. Users are responsible for material borrowed on their cards and will be required to replace any material damaged in their custody`.
- Library Orientation
- Books check out/check in
- Reference Service
- Question Bank
- CAS (Current Awareness Service)
- Training on use of databases/e-resources
- Sending list of new arrival books to all faculty and students, display list on student portal
- Display of new Arrivals
- Thematic Book Display
- TOC (Table of Content): The contents page of latest print journals subscribed in library are scanned and mailed to faculty members. In addition, available on Portal Library Page
- Inter library Loan (ILL).
- Database Hub
- Wi-Fi enabled library
- Spike Guard for the use of multiple laptops
Return all library material
Obtain refund of library deposits and no dues certificate
Students will get their mark sheets only on producing no dues certificate from the library.
Rules and Regulations
- Library Card-: Access to the NMIMS Library is restricted to staff and students of NMIMS who are in possession of a current valid identification card issued by NMIMS.
- Members must carry their Identity cards to gain entry and use the library and must produce it when required to do so by an authorized person. Only the member to whom it is issued must use the card.
- Every reader shall leave the library stacking area immediately after caution bell, which will be given fifteen minutes before the closing of the Library. Before leaving the library, the readers will have to return all book(s) at the issuing counter. He/she must not himself/herself replace the books on the shelf and disturb the arrangements of the books.
- Bags, etc., with the exception of laptops are not allowed in the library. The same must be deposited at the luggage counter. For reasons of security, bags and other personal possessions should not be left unattended. The library will not be responsible in case of damage to or theft of personal property.
- Library Laptops are strictly to be used in library only. If issued laptop is not returned on time or leave unattended of R.S 500/- will be charged as fine.
- Silence is required in study areas. Loud conversation, standing in groups. Discussions, etc. are forbidden. The use of mobile phones in the library is prohibited. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in a fine/ or exclusion from the library.
- Smoking, consumption of food and drink (with the exception of bottled water) and the use of personal audio equipment are not permitted in the library.
- Photography, filming, videotaping and audiotaping in the library is not allowed without the prior permission of the librarian.
- Mains operated personal equipment should not be used without the prior permission of the librarian.
- The removal of any material from the Library must be properly authorized and recorded. Damage to, or unauthorized removal of material constitutes a serious offence and may lead to a fine or disciplinary action.
- Access to libraries and/or borrowing rights may also be withdrawn temporarily if fees/charges in other parts of the NMIMS are outstanding.
- The award of a NMIMS qualification may be deferred until all books have been returned and outstanding fines/charges are paid.
Electronic Journal Databases
SWAYAM / NDL
Consortium for Educational Communication